This page allows you to access all of the information that we are required to publish under the Transparency Code for Smaller Authorities.
- Each new year’s accounting and governance documents will be published some time after the financial year end on 31 March, but by 31 August at the latest. The most recent files are shown below, and papers for prior years are available through this link
- The minutes, agendas and papers of formal meetings are published on an ongoing basis, along with any changes to councillor appointments and roles. Any other documents will be found within our Current Documents page
19th May 2021 – The documents for the year ending 31 March 2021 are now available, as below
- Annual governance statement
- Accounting statements
- All payments above £100
- Explanation of significant variances
- Bank reconciliation
- Internal audit report
- Certificate of Exemption. The statement of accounts will not be audited on account of Harpenden Rural’s self-certified status as exempt, unless either a request for an opportunity to question the auditor about the authority’s accounting records under section 26(2), or an objection under section 27(1) of the act results in the involvement of the local auditor.
- Public Rights Notice