Harpenden Rural Parish Council

Welcome to the website of Harpenden Rural Parish Council.

The Parish includes Kinsbourne Green Common and parts of the Rothamsted Estate (see Parish Boundary for boundary details) and is located primarily to the North West of Harpenden. It was created in 1898 when the old Harpenden Parish was split into two: one urban and one rural district. The Parish, whilst covering a large area, has the smallest number of properties of any Parish in the St Albans District. The housing in Chamberlaines/Spring Road (Annables Estate) is the largest conurbation.

The Parish Council comprises five Parish Councillors and meets four times a year. Planning applications relating to the Parish are considered at each meeting and responses are submitted to St Albans City and District Council as appropriate. The Parish Council maintains a number of benches looking onto Kinsbourne Green Common and two dog waste bins. It also maintains the upkeep of the triangular recreational area at the East end of the Common. The Parish Council’s noticeboard is also situated here.